Downloading From Zoom - Helpful Hints
If you need more detailed help, please use Google to find other tutorials or information
See Screenshot #1 - Zoom Basics
Click on 'Download' option on the upper right-hand corner of the zoom screen to start the automatic downloading process.
There are 3 files per recording video (mp4), audio (m4a), and chat (txt) indicted by (3 files) after 'Download'.
- These files (# indicated next to Download) will be downloaded to your computer
- Automatic downloading will initiate for all 3 file types, starting with the video, then audio, then chat
- The files will usually to your Downloads folder but this varies depending on your individual computer settings.
- See Screenshot #2 for help on saving, renaming files and skipping file types
Each class might have multiple recordings (with 3 files types each)
- This is indicated by (>| Total # Recordings) on the bottom left side of the screen
- Use the forward icon (>|) to navigate to the next Recording
- Zoom will download in the following order: Recording #1: video > audio > chat, then Recording #2: video > audio > chat.
See Screenshot #2 - Zoom Saving details
- How to rename files and choose a saving location (Mac Example)
- How to pick and choose files types (ie skip video and download audio files)
Audio File Information
- Zoom audios are in M4a format they can be converted to MP3 (use google to find what conversion method works for you.
- Some of our classes include Edited Audio Tracks in MP3 format. If available, these audio files are released several days after the zoom files.